Mascarpone Cheese Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
6-8 slice pound cake
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container mascarpone cheese or (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 lb cake
- whipped cream, for garnish
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening. With electric hand-held mixer on medium speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Beat in mascarpone cheese. Add flour, alternating with the eggs, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or Bundt cake pan. Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
For Berry Salad:
- In a large bowl, add all berries and sugar.
- Mash berries slightly and add orange liqueur. Let sit for 30 minutes until ready to serve.
- Slice pound cake and top with macerated berries and whipped cream. Garnish with mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 20 something years, with some big plans for next year (God willing), but I dont work. I'm deaf, I love going out, writing, partying whenever I have a time, I'm mom of two little brat ones, I love them so much with all my heart and soul. With all of my hobbies, I am an average gal I guess who obsesses over the Steelers lol.