Marvellous Mac N Cheese
photo by Ba8y6irl
- Ready In:
- boil a large pot of water for macaroni.
- add macaroni when water comes to a boil.
- in a medium size saucepan melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- once melted add 2 tbsp of flour and whisk into a paste.
- once paste is a golden colour add 1 cup of milk.
- whisk continuously until it starts to thicken.
- reduce heat to almost minimum.
- add cheese and incorporate until smooth.
- add salt and spices.
- add onions and bacon.
- continue to stir and incorporate flavours and thicken.
- once pasta is tender drain it from the water and return the pasta to the pot.
- pour cheese sauce over pasta and stir gently to coat pasta.
- put the pasta in a large baking dish.
- melt tsp of butter in the microwave and stir in breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs over top the pasta.
- place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!