Marty's Organic Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups soymilk or 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper and sea salt
- Dice onion, set aside.
- Dice potatoes, carrots, and celery and place in a stock pot with broth. Bring to a boil and boil at medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Halfway through the cooking time for the potatoes, carrots, and celery, begin to saute the onion by heating the butter in a saute pan; add the onion and saute until translucent, then add the flour to the cooking onions to make a paste. Gradually add the milk to the paste, stirring constantly. When the milk and onion mixture becomes thickened, remove from heat.
- Remove the potato mixture from heat and add the milk mixture, stirring to blend. Add seasonings, infuse with LOVE, and serve.
- This soup freezes very well! Makes 7-8 cups of soup, serving size 1 to 1½ cups. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
RA Warrior, Girl Scout Leader, wife, and mother of three. Always looking for yummy quick recipes.