Martha's Mom's Meatloaf
Thats right folks - THE Martha's mom & it doesn't get any better!!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled &,cut into 8 ths
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled &,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Place bread in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add ground beef& mix well.
- Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots& parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse until fine.
- Add to meat mixture and, using hands, mix well.
- Add egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, salt, and pepper; use hands to combine thoroughly.
- Place in an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, remaining teaspoon dry mustard, and brown sugar in a bowl; stir until smooth.
- Brush mixture over meatloaf; place in the oven over a baking pan set on the rack below to catch drippings.
- Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°, about 90 minutes.
- Check after 60 minutes and if the top is getting too dark, cover with foil, and continue baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a darned tasty meatloaf, CL! Very easy to mix up, and bake, and the flavor is very good...it's even better the next day for sandwiches! Followed your directions, but, did leave out the carrots as I didn't have any on hand. Also, used Celery Seed in place of fresh...about 1/2 tspn. Thanks so much for sharing...We really enjoyed! Laudee