Martha's Daughter's Chopped Salad
This is an Alexis Stewart recipe from Martha's website. I really love the freshness of this salad. It is a bit labor intensive but feeds a crowd! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for water
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb wax bean, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and deveined, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and deveined, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Make an ice bath and set aside.
- Blanch corn in salted water for 6 minutes then plunge into ice bath.
- Blanch green and wax beans for about a minute and plunge into ice bath.
- Drain well, cut corn off cobs and put into a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss with oil, pepper, salt & vineger when ready to eat!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION