Martha Stewart's Chocolate-Almond Popcorn
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Martha Stewart Living.
- Ready In:
- 25 cups popped popcorn (from about 1 cup kernels)
- 3 cups unsalted whole skin-on almonds, toasted (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put popcorn in a large bowl. Add the nuts; set aside. Put sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn and nuts; toss to coat. Transfer to rimmed baking sheets; bake, stirring every 20 minutes, until almost dry, about 1 hour. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This popcorn isn't bad, but it's considerably less chocolaty and less sweet than many of the other chocolate popcorn recipes we've tried. This mildness may definitely appeal to some people, but overall we were kind of disappointed by how low-key the chocolate taste was. We really liked the almonds, though.Reply