Mark Bittman's Hummus
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tahini with some of it's oil (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (to taste)
- juice of one lemon, plus more as needed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (to taste) or 1 tablespoon paprika (to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, plus oil if you are using it, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and begin to process; add chickpea cooking liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, tahini, garlic or lemon juice as desired.
- Serve drizzled with some olive oil and sprinkled with a little cumin and parsley.