Mark Bittman’s Best Scrambled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Crack eggs into a bowl; beat them just until the yolks and whites are combined.
- Season with salt and pepper; beat in the cream.
- Place a medium skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add in butter and swirl it around the pan; after the butter melts, but before it foams, turn the heat to low.
- Add eggs to skillet and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- At first, nothing will happen; after 10 minutes or so, the eggs will begin to form curds.
- Do not lose patience; keep stirring, breaking up the curds as they form, until the mixture is a mass of soft curds.
- This will take 30 minutes or more; serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!