Mariscos De Campechana
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 tomatoes, seeded, small dice
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 2 ounces maryland lump crab
- 3 oysters, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon chiffonade fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine the oil, one third of the jalapenos, garlic, chili flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill the shrimp over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side. Roughly chop.
- Mix together the tomatoes, cocktail sauce, onion and remaining jalapenos in a large bowl. Fold in the shrimp, crab, oysters, avocado and cilantro. Stir in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.