Marinated Shrimp With Orange
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs large shrimp, uncooked, shelled, deveined
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 medium white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- In boiling water, cook shrimp 2 minutes only. Rinse with cold water until thoroughly chilled. Drain.
- Combine shrimp, oranges, and onions in large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!