Marinated Mushroom Sauce
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces small white mushrooms, wiped and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave (of 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, parsley, oregano, and thyme in a bowl.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in another bowl; add to mushroom mixture and fold together.
- Cover and marinate, refrigerated, 1-2 hours.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta (8 ounces cooked large pasta like rigatoni, shells, or fusilli) and serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!