Marinated Macaroni Salad
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to taste (I use about 3/4 cup)
- Mix sugar, mustard, paprika, oil, lemon juice, and vinegar until blended.
- Pour mixture over cooked macaroni.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 4 hours (can be chilled overnight).
- Before serving, add onion, celery, green pepper and pimento.
- Add chopped eggs and enough mayonnaise to suit your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After living in Jax FL for 15 years, Hubby and I have retired. We moved back to WV and the mountains where we grew up. It's been quite an adjustment getting use to the season changes again! Our son and youngest daughter live very close and I enjoy seeing my grandkids. I enjoy gardening both veggies and flowers.