Marinated Lamb Chops
This is a simple Italian style recipe for lamb chops. Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- cayenne pepper or chili, to your taste
- coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb chops, about 3/4-inch thick all fat trimmed. (I use chump)
- * Mix the garlic, rosemary, thyme,paprika,lemon juice,brown sugar,cayenne/chilli, olive oil and salt. . Rub the marinade on both
- sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature; it will take about 20 minutes.
- * Heat a heavy steel pan (I use stainless) over high heat until hot, add the chops and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Continue turning chops untill your level of doneness is achieved.(try not to over cook).
- Serve with mash and vegetables or oven baked chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really enjoyed this. I marinated it overnight then cooked it on the gas barbie. I like my lamb medium rare so it was done in about 10 minutes. I let it rest covered with foil for 10 minutes then served it with baked potato and fresh zucchini. It was tender, juicy and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.Reply
We had a real mixed reaction to this from 3 to 5 stars (the 3 stars may have been my fault though as the lamb loin chop was pink - he likes well done but then again he was not enamoured by the spice flavour unlike the rest of us - to each their own). I cooked on a indoor grill on the stove top and our lamb loin chops are about 3/4" thick and I cooked about 8 minutes per side juggling the chops between different parts to have some with pink and the majority well done (I'm the odd one out liking it with some pink there). Thank you The Magic Duck.Reply