Marinated Green Peppers
- Ready In:
- Wash peppers, cut in half, remove seeds and fibrous linings.
- Dry the pepper halves and place them under high heat in the broiler.
- Broil until the skins are brown.
- Remove from fire and peel off burnt surface. Combine the vinegar, water, oil, bay leaf, salt, sugar, peppercorns and garlic in a jar.
- Shake well to blend.
- Put peppers in a jar.
- Pour marinade over them.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- These are usually served as a pickle or relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a real find! I was a bit dubious when I read the ingredients and prep involved -- seemed way too simple, but when I tried one of the peppers after refrigeration the next day -- wow! Didn't use salt but added a pinch of fennel seed and mustard seeds because they fell out of the spice cupboard when I reached for the bay leaf. Seemed to work well but not strictly necessary. Thanks for posting the most surprisingly good recipe I've yet to try on this site.