Marinated Feta salad
- Ready In:
- Cut the Feta cheese block in cubes, about 2x2 cmm (little bit less than 1x1 inch) and put it in a little bowl (something like a breakfast bowl).
- Press the garlic clove with a garlic press over the cheese (or cut in veeery small bits).
- Pour in the oregano, basil and pepper and mix well.
- The cheese should end up coated in herbs and garlic.
- pour 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar and all the olive oil over the cheese, and mix carefully to avoid the cheese to crumble.
- Let stand about 2 hours, mixing every 30 minutes for the olive oil to coat the cheese.
- Wash the tomatoes, the lettuce and the persil and cut the tomatoes in 8 bits and the lettuce leaves in stripes about 2 inches wide.
- In a salad bowl, mix tomatoes and lettuce with salt (not too much: the cheese is quite salty) and 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, and add black olives.
- Add the cheese mix, drained, and decorate with parsley leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
36 y.o., I live in Stockholm, Sweden, with my partner, and our wonderful little son, Benny, born in December 2003. I am known for being a very bad cook, but I learn every day how not to make expensive mistakes :). I live in a wonderful forest area 10 minutes away from Stockholm center, and 5 minutes away from the sea, close to the Stockholms archipelago of islands. I walk around a lot, I visit some of the islands in the summer, and in the winter I study and take walks in the snow. The picture I added shows a picnic in the Stockholm archipelago with my former working collegues and dear friends, and gives an idea about how the archipelago looked like last summer. I´m the lady in flowered skirt and red shawl. I was pregnant with Benny and we had a wonderful time.