Marinated Dry Jack Cheese in Herbed Olive Oil
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces dry monterey jack cheese, rind removed and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick wedges. (Vella is good for this)
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Layer the cheese, sage, basil and rosemary in a decorative jar.
- Add the peppercorns and garlic and pour the oil over the top until the cheese is completely covered.
- Cover and refrigerate up to one week until ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I am a student at UC Berkeley currently studying political science/economy and French. I am interested in the state of labor reform in Western European countries. I love to travel...but with the weakening dollar I have had to make do with living in Berkeley for the time being...although it has not been bad at all! I live just a few blocks from Chez Panisse (hopefully I will go someday...)and there are so many different cuisines here that I want to try! I most recently had Tibetan and Burmese food, yum! I am almost 100% converted to organic and environmentally friendly products...stop buying plastic bottles, bring your own bags to stores, reduce waste! Passions: politics, travel, San Francisco, Paris, fashion, shopping, reading, books, cafes, bookstores, museums, Chopin, Proust