Margaret's Cheese Ball
photo by frostingnfettuccine
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine first five ingredients, beating until smoothly blended.
- You can do this easily in a food processor.
- Shape into two small balls and roll in nuts.
- Chill several hours, or overnight, to let flavours blend.
- (You can also shape it into one big ball, but it's preferred to do two so you can whisk away the first one when it's almost gone and put out a fresh new one).
Questions & Replies
I love all cheese balls, so I made this for our football party this weekend and loved it. I chopped up the pickles and green onion in processor, but also added some ham to the mixture too. We really love this. I used a good sharp cheddar cheese which I think is a must. Thank you for sharing this with us.
see 15 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!