Mardi Gras Slaw
This was created by Lafayette, LA resident, George Graham. And used as a topping for his Bluesiana burger with zydeco sauce, Mardi Gras slaw and root beer glaze which was a finalist in the $50,000 Sutter Home Build A Better Burger Contest.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1⁄2 purple cabbage, cup thinly shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mild blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To make the slaw, combine the cabbages, onion, fennel, and bell pepper in a bowl and chill. Prepare the slaw dressing by combining the vinegar and mustard, and then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- About 15 minutes before serving, pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and toss.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and toss again, evenly combining the cheese.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- *If using as topping for burgers: Drain off excess liquid and chill the slaw until assembling the burgers.