Mardi Gras Rice
You'll love the flavor, and the purple, green, and yellow colors of this Bayou State celebration! You may half this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 8 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- lettuce leaf
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, Creole seasoning, and curry powder; add to rice mixture, tossing gently.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Yield: 16 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We loved this rice dish. I made extra rice the night before in anticipation for this dish so the next day everything was ready. It went together quickly and easily! I used cajun seasoning by mistake, but luckily it is from the same region. We loved it with the cajun seasoning and next time I will make it with the creole. Thanks Sharon! This recipe is Divalicious!
The quantities are wrong for 8 cups of rice... I made it for a bachelorette party, and after adding all the ingredients to the 8 cups of cooked rice, it didn't taste at all: so I added three times all of the ingredients, and 6 times the amount of creole seasoning until it finally was great tasting. People loved it!