Mardi Gras Brunch Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
There's no need to wait until Mardi Gras to put this on your brunch table.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb country-style sausage (or bulk pork sausage)
- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 -10 eggs
- 6 ounces half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet brown the sausage, breaking it up while stirring. Transfer it to a plate and set aside. To the sausage grease add the potatoes and cook them until they are soft. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the potatoes to a deep-dish pie pan. Mold the potatoes in the pie pan to form a crust.
- Arrange the sausage in the bottom of the pie pan over the potato crust.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper, and beat the mixture until frothy. Pour the mixture over the sausage and bake pie in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Serve the pie cut in wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION