Marcelle's Pistachio Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 9x13 cake
- 18 1⁄4 ounces duncan hines white cake mix
- 3 1⁄4 ounces instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp. water
- 3⁄4 cup wesson canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Lightly spray a 9x13x2 inch. pan with Pam. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the pecans over top and bake at 350 degrees F. for 38 minutes. Do Not Overbake. Remove cake from oven and
- make slashes all over cake and drizzle glaze slowly to soak in; then.
- bake five more minutes.Cool in pan on rack.
- To make glaze:.
- In a saucepan, on medium low heat, Heat the water and butter until the butter melts. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>