Marcella Hazan's Sugo Fresco Di Pomodoro
Less is more. Seriously.
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 300 g tinned italian peeled plum tomatoes with juice, cut into large pieces with their juice
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn by hand into small pieces
- 450 g pasta, of your choice cooked
- Put the oil and garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium. When the garlic becomes coloured a pale gold, add the tomatoes and their juices and turn the heat down to very low. Cook, uncovered, until the oil floats free on top of the sauce, for about 20 minutes. Add salt and grindings of pepper and cook for another two to three minutes, stirring from time to time. Off the heat, stir in the torn basil leaves.
- Serve over your favourite, freshly-cooked, al dente pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Less IS more. I used fresh basil right from the garden, and at the table topped the pasta with a bit of grated parmesan cheese. This was a family-pleaser too, I might add. (Apologies for the picture -- you probably never intended it to go on tricolor alphabet pasta!) Thanks, evelyn/athens! Made for ZWT4.Reply
see 1 more