Marbled Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
- Stir by hand just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture, then draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.
this was a wonderful recipe. i made a couple changes. i added in 1 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream for more moisture and did brown sugar for half is asked for and the other regular sugar. also added in allspice and nutmeg and topped it off with chopped pecans. it took 55mins. after all was said and done it had a wonderful cakey texture but still wasn't sweet enough for my taste so i topped it off with honey. next time i'll try some raisins.
I always have these ingredients on hand so thought I’d try it since most everyone has loved it. I tweaked by using 1/2 c sugar and 1/2 c stevia in the batter AND 1 c whole wheat flour and 1 c white flour. I also baked it fir 45 min and cut the baking temp halfway thru from 350 to 325. It turned out beautifully and was DELICIOUS. I sliced it after 10 min with a serrated knife and ate it with a little butter and sprinkled a little additional cinnamon and sugar. SO good!!
I added sour cream (2tbsp) and 1 tbsp extra oil to the batter. Instead of white sugar for the cinnamon mixture I substituted brown sugar and added 1/3 cup of roasted pecans, chopped. I also added 1/2 cup of chopped roasted pecans to the batter and 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips (hershey's). I used 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup bring own sugar in the batter. I baked it in a glass bread pan at 335f for 1 hour ( my oven runs a liitle hot). It was fabulous.
This is delicious! It has less sugar and healthier fat (depending on the oil you use) than Cinnamon Flop and dh and I loved it even more! I even replaced the flour with whole wheat flour and dh said it was the best dessert he'd ever had! He did complain that I didn't have any butter to put on top though :) I did increase teh cinnamon content just a bit, as we love cinnamon. Used saigon cinnamon too. I think I wrapped it about 6-8 hours and we had it for dessert. Yum. I making it again today (there's none left from yesterday!)
This bread was great! I made some modifications to make it healthier. 1. Used 1 cup of Splenda in place of the sugar in the bread. 2. Used 1 cup Flaxseed Meal in place of the oil. This is the first time I replaced oil with Flaxseed meal when baking. The batter was pretty stiff but it still had great texture in the end.