Marble Cake for Vegans (Eggless and Dairy Free)
photo by KristinV
- Ready In:
1 medium cake
- 125 g vegan margarine
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- egg substitute (to equal 2 eggs as per instructions)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (vegan friendly)
- 3 drops red food coloring (vegan friendly)
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease a medium square or rectangle cake pan.
- Cream margarine and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract followed by 1/2 the egg mixture. Beat until combined and add the rest of the egg mixture and combine well.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to the mixture, alternating with the soy milk to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture into three equal parts. Into one mix the cocoa, In the second mix through the red food colouring and leave the last plain.
- Spoon the three mixtures into stripes in the cake pan and use a knife to lightly mix the stripes (don't mix too hard or you will lose the effect.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love, love, love to cook. Most of all I love to cook for friends and family because it is such an awesome feeling to bring the people that mean the most to me through such an essential ingredient for life... FOOD! I am a vegan the switch opened up the world of cooking in a way I never imagined! People constantly ask me 'what do you eat?' and I can confidently tell them that if they were to leave meat and dairy behind they would find an enormous world of food out there that they have never heard of! And it is all more delicious and nourishing than animal products. My ultimate goal is to shake my 9 to 5 office job and become a caterer or open my own restaurant and I am forever dreaming of my big lottery win that will allow me to do this.</p>