Maple Whiskey Glazed Carrots
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into rounds or 2 lbs thin sticks
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the mustard, salt, pepper, maple syrup, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly stir in the whiskey. Return the pan to the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Set aside but keep in a warm place.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook until just tender, for about 5 minutes. Drain the carrots, then return them to the saucepan. Add the glaze and toss gently to coat.
Join The Conversation