photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (like soy, peanut or corn)
- 2⁄3 cup dark amber maple syrup (grade A or B)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (such as currants, diced pears, dice apricots, cranberries, raisins, blueberries or chopped dates)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil and syrup and heat, stirring, over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, toss together the wheat germ, sesame seeds, coconut, oats, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and almonds.
- Add the syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the granola mixture out on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about an 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Stir the mixture occasionally while baking so it toasts evenly.
- Transfer the warm toasted granola to a large bowl and stir in the dried fruits and let cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container a room temperature for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
10 stars all the way for this delicious granola/muesli cereal! I used local sunflower oil and normal maple syrup, I did not have the very dark stuff! This has a wonderful taste and I have snacked on this a couple of times when I have gone into my scullery/pantry!! The only other ingredient I changed, was the pumpkin seeds - I didn't have any, other than that, this was made as stated! Thanks Annacia - FT:-)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>