Maple-Glazed Roast Beef
This is a recipe I got from Woman's World magazine. It sounds easy and tasty on these cold Autumn nights.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, plus,divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 lbs beef beef eye round
- 1 lb carrot, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb parsnip, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons mustard, preferably dijon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 tsp.
- salt and 1/4 tsp.
- pepper; sprinkle over roast.
- Place beef in roasting pan.
- Add carrots and parsnips; roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in pot over medium heat combine syrup, wine, mustard, butter and remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cook until thickened about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cook roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of beef registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, 35-40 minutes, brushing roast with glaze during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for Fall PAC 2011, entertaining my Father, Grandmother and Stepmother. We evened out the rating to 4 stars, as one gave 4.7 stars and the others varied - 4 stars evened it all out. All really enjoyed. We might start glasing a little earlier though, to increase the flavour. Overall a simple (which we love) and very tasty dish. Thanks Psycho :)
What a great, solid meal. This was one of the best roasts I have made, in terms of doneness. A beautiful medium rare! I did have to make a few changes due to the unavailibilty of ingredients. No parsnips, so subbed rutabaga. Had a couple of leeks left over from another dish, so added those. Delicious. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Kim. Made for PAC Fall 2009.