Maple Glazed Parsnips and Carrots
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs about 6 fresh parsnips, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 lb about 12 fresh thin carrot
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces each
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- coarse salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. Place parsnips, carrots, bacon, and thyme in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with syrup; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Bake until bottoms of vegetables begin to caramelize and turn dark brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and toss vegetables carefully. Return to oven, and bake until all sides are well browned, about 25 minutes more. Discard bacon and thyme. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello, My name is Monica and I am a 35 year old, happily married mom of 2. After working as a project manager for many years, I currently am a stay-at-home mom to our beautiful daughter Hannah who is 10 years old,& our sweet son Liam who is 6. I love being home with them! I am a Navy wife of 19 years. It is an adventurous, fun, sometimes stressful life but we are proud to be a Navy family in service of our country. <br />Cooking is one of my passions. I could sit down and read recipes like I would a regular novel. I would say I am more of a recipe gatherer rather than a recipe orginator. I do tweak things a lot to suit my families taste, but other than that I rely on recipes for ideas and technique. I find most of my own recipes have been posted in some form or another here, but I look forward to having more to add in the future. <br />I am an avid baker and also love international foods. Being half Thai, I love Thai food and have gotten my family to learn to appreciate it as well.</p>