Maple - Ginger Butternut Squash
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Halve squash and discard seeds.
- Cook, covered with plastic wrap, in microwave on high for 5 to 8 minutes until cooked and tender Cool slightly, scoop flesh into a bowl.
- Mash slightly with a fork.
- Add syrup, ginger and salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great "Do Ahead" recipe - I got everything ready in the AM and popped it in the oven 30 minutes before dinner. The ginger/ maple syrup gives the squash a nice flavor .It is not sweet I used an Acorn squash - super Thanks Tebo — posted Oct 27, 2003, Added comments 14 July 04 I made this again with butternut squash -it was a super hot day, no microwave so I peeled, seeded & cubed the squash steamed it until fork tender then followed the recipe. Again did it in the AM, popped it in the toaster oven 25 minutes before dinner -easy & no heat Thanks again Tebo
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an early retired guy living in the beautiful Okanagn Valley in British Columbia. Most of all I enjoy retirement and living where I do. I travel as much as possible in the winter to as many varied hot places I can. Enjoy cooking and entertaining and being entertained!