- Ready In:
- 3 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Put maple syrup and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Boil to the soft ball stage, or about 235 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Beat until mixture is creamy.
- Add nuts.
- Pour mixture into 8 inch buttered square pan and spread out evenly.
- Let cool until firm.
- Cut into pieces.
- Store in airtight container in a cool place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Soooo good. Thank you! I was worried when I saw the milk curdle up and separate from the syrup even before it started to boil, but it all came out great at the end. I think I beat it too long, though. It hardened up so quickly that only half of the contents poured out. The rest just hardened right in the pan.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I are mostly retired but we love renovations so we tend to buy, fix and sell a lot :) We love to travel and our favorite and yearly destinations are Negril, Jamaica and Isla Mujeres Mexico.</p>