photo by Wish I Could Cook
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons maple extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts (sugared walnuts would be awesome)
- Whisk togeter the soymilk and vinegar in a bowl and set aside to curdle for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg into a separate bowl and mix.
- Whisk the maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, maple extract and vanilla into the soymilk mixture.
- Form a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir until large lumps disappear.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degress for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recipe junkie and collect way too many cookbooks. But when it's time to actually make something, I quickly turn to the internet... I started avoiding meat more than 20 years ago for environmental reasons. (It takes so many resources and the pollution risks of confinement operations are huge.) I've been vegan for years now and can report that the health benefits are also real. I really don't understand why people insist on eating meat