Maple Crunch Oatmeal
Cereal with all the good things in it! A great way to start the day! Adapted from Country Living magazine(Feb.2006)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, plus
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups cooked oatmeal, kept hot
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- Heat your oven to 375*F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper(or parchment paper). Mix the nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and 3 tbls. maple syrup in a medium bowl, and spread in a single layer on the prepared pan. Stirring every 5 minutes to evenly coat, bake until mixture is fragrant and toasted-about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Stir the cranberries and the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup into the oatmeal.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup milk over each serving and top with the maple glazed nuts. Enjoy!
- If you like, make only the glazed nuts, and triple the batch and keep on hand to eat alone. Store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I loved the blend of flavors - lovely bits of sweetness with the dried cranberries. The nut mixture was an excellent touch and helped to make this oatmeal so filling. The only change I may make in the future is to cut down on the amount of oatmeal - I was already filled up only halfway through my bowl! Thanks for sharing!
After I ate this, I walked around the kitchen going "wow!" over and over. I love to try oatmeal all different ways, and this is one of the best oatmeals I've ever made! You break the crunchy topping apart almost like a brittle, and it is the real star here. I also liked the tart counterbalance of the cranberries. For our tastes, I halved the milk and maple syrup that topped the oatmeal. This one's a definite winner!
Hi Sharon, I made this in honor of your "cook a thon" and am sending good thoughts your way! I eat a lot oatmeal but this was so good that I had to quickly make a second bowl! The granola had a perfect crunch to it and was so easy. I microwaved my butter, nuts, syrup first. I will making another batch this morning, too. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl