Maple Bars (Doughnuts)
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- In a bowl place yeast and 1/2 water, to activate.
- Place butter, salt, and sugar in hot scalded milk, then add cold water.
- Mix well and add eggs to this.
- When it is cool enough place in mixer with yeast mixture.
- Add flour 1 c at a time till soft but workable dough.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into rectangular bars about 2-3 inches by5-6 inches.
- Let rise till doubled.
- Heat oil to 350°F and fry till browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and when cool fill with bavarian cream if desired and frost.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a hand blender till smooth.
- I frost mine as I eat them because if you let the frosting sit it will start to slide off the doughnut.
- The number you will get is determined by how big you cut them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!