Maple-Bacon Kettle Corn
- Ready In:
- Fry bacon in a skillet until brown and crisp; transfer to paper towels to drain. Transfer grease to a measuring cup; if less than 1/4 cup, add plain oil to make 1/4 cup total.
- When bacon is cool, chop into small pieces and toss with maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, place bacon grease (with oil, if using) and popcorn kernels. Sprinkle with sugar and 1 tsp salt. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and place over medium heat until you hear a few kernels pop.
- Once popping begins, hold pot and lid together tightly and shake pot every 1-2 minutes then return to heat (this will prevent the sugar from burning).
- Once popping is done, carefully remove the lid, add remaining salt and stir with a large spoon. Add bacon-maple mixture and toss well before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!