Maple Bacon Breakfast Pie
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
1 9" pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, cooked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk eggs, milk salt and pepper together in large miing bowl.
- Add cheese, hash rowns, green onion and crumbled bacon and stir to combine.
- Lay pie crust in bottom of 9 inch pie dish.
- Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the quich is firm enough to lay the bacon on.
- remove pie and increase the temperature to 450.
- Weave bacon into a lattice on top of pie.
- Brush each strip of bacon with maple syrup.
- Cover the edges of pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- NOTE: The bacon will shrink a lot, so it's fine that the bacon is hanging of the sides.
- Return pie to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is done.
- Tip pie dish carefully to drain any bacon grease.
- If you like extra crispy bacon, you could put pie under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or until bacon has reached your preferred doneness.
- Let pie sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"