Maple Apple Pork With Miso Slaw
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 piece world of flavours canadian pork loin fillet roast (about 2 lb/900 g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 gala apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat one barbecue burner to medium heat and leave other burner off. Brush grill with oil. Grill pork 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer pork to cool side. Grill, lid down, and adjust hot burner if necessary to maintain temperature of 375°F (190°C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into ¼-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
- Meanwhile, whisk together garlic, miso paste, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and pepper in large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add green onions, carrots, celery, apples and cabbage; toss to coat.
- Servepork with cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with chives (if using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!