photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 25mins
- 1 mango, ripe
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional, I dont use it)
- Peel the mango. Cut the flesh from the stone and dice it. Place in a zip-lock bag, close it (be careful to keep the air out) and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Take the bag out of the freezer and allow to thaw for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Put slightly thawed mango pieces into a tall bowl (or the bowl of your blender), add powdered sugar (if using) and puree the mango into a creamy sorbet using a hand-held blender (or simply blend in your blender).
- Eat right away and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome, wonderful, decadent, sorbet! And who knew it was this easy?! My mango was smallish, but gorgeously ripe and delicious, and because it was so small, I added a small organic banana as well. What a dance they did on my tongue! I used Fruit Sugar (Fast Dissolving Sugar), and only 1 tbsp, which was just perfect for me. This is a real keeper - super easy and could easily serve the hoitiest toitiest among us! Thanks for sharing this treat, Loula! Made for Veggie Swap August.
hmm. this is tasty! I think part of the problem is the heat wave...in 15 minutes it was all room temperature. :o dh & I agree that something besides the mango would put it over the top. he suggested lavender; I thought a splash of rosewater (thinking mango lassi, lol). Aside from the annoyance of removing flesh from pit, yes this is very easy! I used my food processor because my blender would have made soup. I didn't use sugar so I will try it again to see what it's like. thank you! made for veggie swap 7/11.
see 5 more reviews