Mango Sherbet (Helado De Mango)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine water, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in saucepan. Cook 5 minutes, and cool.
- Combine mangoes and cream in blender container. Blend til smooth. (Or, mash mangoes with a fork and add cream stirring to incorporate.).
- Stir in cooled syrup and lemon juice. Divide and freeze mixture in two freezer containers until partially frozen (you can use one container, but it will take longer).
- Meanwhile chill a mixer bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to the soft peak stage. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar to the egg whites, and continue beating until the peaks are stiff.
- Add contents of freezer containers to the chilled bowl, and break into chunks. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Return to the freezer containers, and freeze until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow!!! I can't believe I made this!!! I bought two different kinds of ripe mangoes - one was more orange and one more yellow. It made for a vibrant finished product. I put it in one container so I made it over a two day period. I did lay plastic wrap over the everything to reduce the ice crystals The hardest part was beating the frozen mangoes until smooth - a Kitchen Aid would have been a better tool than my hand mixer but it turned out perfectly Many thanks - I will be using this for all sorts of fruits and berries. Made for Susie's World Tour