Mango Pineapple Preserves
- Ready In:
- 8 cups mangoes, chopped
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (canned, if fresh 2 cups and 1 cup sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (lemon will do)
- 4 cups sugar
- Put fruit in pot over medium heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cook until thickened.
- Fill hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes, cool and store.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very, very tasty. Kind of exotic & tropical.<br/><br/>The changes I made was that I only had 6 cups of chopped mangoes, so I scaled down the entire recipe. I only had a can of pineapple chunks, so I put the pineapple, along with the juice, in the food processor and pureed all of it. <br/><br/>I think this would be great with a little rum added. Maybe next time. I'll submit a photo when I'm through processing.