photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried mango, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (can sub walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice (jasmine rice works wonderfully)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh is so much better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon is plenty enough)
- black pepper
- Combine rice, salt, broth, mango, onion and water in a mediium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and turn heat down to summer for 15 -18 minutes. Rice should be tender and all liquid absorbed.
- Stir in the pine nuts, basil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne into the rice. Pepper to taste and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!