From California Bicentennial Celebrations Committee Official California Bicentennial Cookbook and found in The Good Cook Salads. Posted for ZWT7. This would be really good with the addition of some grilled shrimp to make it a light meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 firm ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 firm ripe papayas, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix fruits well; sprinkle with the coconut and slivered almonds; chill.
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Top the salad with the dressing just before serving.