Mango-Mustard Glazed Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 cup peeled mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mango mixture; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this but didn't do it exactly as written so I will reserve my rating for now. I'm not a fan of curry either, however, even though I cut the juice & perserves, I found this mango sauce abit on the sweet side. For us it was missing abit more spicy nature to it, such as cumin or cayenne (that might clash with the mustard though). Also found there was lots of sauce, enough for 8 breasts.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again