Mango Mousse Cake
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 1 (13 ounce) package strawberry shortcake rolls, each cut into 7 slices
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) jar mangoes, slices drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mango nectar
- 6 drops yellow liquid food coloring
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- mint sprig (optional)
- Line side of 8-inch springform pan with single layer of cake slices; cover bottom with remaining slices.
- In blender, puree jarred mango slices until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in 1 cup nectar and food coloring.
- In microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/2 cup nectar; stir to combine.
- Microwave mixture on high until melted, 30 seconds.
- Stir into pureed mango mixture.
- Refrigerate until thickened, 20-30 minutes.
- In large bowl, on medium-high speed, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; refrigerate 1 cup.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into mango mixture; spread in pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Run knife between side of pan and cake; remove side of pan.
- Top with mango slices; brush with jelly.
- Transfer reserved whipped cream to pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Pipe around edge of cake.
- If desired, garnish with mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!