Mango Chutney Caribbean
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 2 anaheim chilies, roasted peeled and diced
- 2 hot chili peppers, seeded and minced (Scotch Bonnet or Habanero good)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 mangoes, chopped
- 6 ounces raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup clove, whole
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I usually use more)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Combine peppers, vinegar, salt and sugar in a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, undisturbed for 4 hours.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Can using safe technique.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.