Mango and Port Chutney
This is in answer to a question on the threads, I have not made it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 4 medium mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (1.7kg)
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 2 large white onions, chopped finely (400g)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped raisins (170g)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 fresh Thai red chili peppers, chopped finely
- 2 cups sugar (440g)
- 3 cups malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- Combine ingredients in a large heavy-base saucepan; stir over heat without boiling; until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised hars; seal while hot.
- Storage- In cool, dark place for about 6 months, refrigerate after opening.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation