Mandarin Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce and cornstarch; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place large skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute, then add oil. Heat oil for 30 seconds then add ginger, garlic and shrimp. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside. Add bell peppers and broccoli, cook for 1 minute. Add water; cover and reduce heat for medium. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and heat to high, add shrimp, marmalade mixture and water chestnuts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been married to the same great guy for 27 years now. We never had any children, but we have two cats, Otis & Milo. They are litter-mates, half Abyssinian/half tabby, and are my "baby boys"!:) I love to cook, and am an AVID recipe collector. I probably have more cookbooks than I'd like to admit, but I'm always on the look-out for something new and different to try. I also enjoy gardening and riding my bicycle during the summer months. Nothing like fresh tomatoes, peppers and herbs, straight out of the garden!:)