Mandarin Orange Salad With Caramelized Hazelnuts
- Ready In:
- 7 -8 cups mixed greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery & leaves
- 1 cup drained mandarin orange, segments cut into thirds
- 1 cup roasted oregon hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Parsley Dressing: Combine ingredients in non-reactive small bowl and using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Best that salad dressing be prepared at least 1 hour in advance to allow to marinate.
- Carmelized Hazelnuts: In cast iron skillet over medium heat slowly melt 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix hazelnuts, covering well with sugar. Cook until light amber color. Set aside to cool on parchment paper before use.
- Salad: In large salad bowl, toss greens, onions, celery and Mandarin oranges with parsley dressing. Sprinkle with the caramelized hazelnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!