Mandarin Orange Chicken Casserole for Freezer
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup green onion (sliced)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
At Serving Time For Both
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups raw rice
- In a extra large skillet, cook mushrooms over medium high, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms, stirring quickly to combine.
- Gradually stir in water, orange juice concentrate, green onions and bouillon cubes.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add chicken, and let simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool and freeze in freezer bags.
- To serve, thaw mixture and cook rice according to package directions. Heat chicken mixture in a saucepan until bubbly, stir in drained orange segments and heat through. Combine with cooked rice and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!