Manchego and Serrano Crostini
photo by iamafoodblog
- Ready In:
- 1 whole grain baguette, cut into 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch slices
- 1⁄4 lb serrano ham, sliced thin and to fit the baguette slices
- 8 ounces manchego cheese, sliced thin and slightly smaller than the ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximate)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Saute garlic in olive oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic if you like.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush slices with olive oil.
- Assemble crostini, with ham first then cheese. Cook under broiler until until cheese is melted and ham is warm. Watch carefully!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just loved these crostini, Nif! Easy to throw together and so tasty - DS, who turns his nose up at such things (picky eater), went shopping for 'world tour' ingredients with me, so when these were prepared as a 'light' lunch for DH and I, DS asked if he could have some 'world tour' food, too. And them came back twice more...Shocked, is right! Thanks so much for sharing a great , Nif!
This was a very nice tapa. I used a regular baguette, garlic infused olive oil and cow's milk manchego, as it was all I could find. I really liked the contrast of the saltiness of the ham and the creamy, tangy taste of the cheese. The garlic brought it all together. Thank you for posting! Made for the Dining Daredevils and ZWT 5.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!