Mamie Eisenhower's Favorite Million Dollar Fudge
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 4 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk (one 12 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3 (4 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 pint marshmallow creme (two 7 ounce jars)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, salt, milk, and butter. Bring to a vigorous boil, stirring often; then reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate, Marshmallow Creme and vanilla into a large bowl. Gradually pour boiling syrup over the chocolate-marshmallow mixture and beat until chocolate is melted. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a buttered pan ( I used a buttered 11 x 16-inch jellyroll pan) and store in a cool place several hours to harden before cutting into 1-inch squares.
- Store in a covered tin; keeps up to 6 months in a cool place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!